Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More Microsoft Documents - Excel.

Now I cant say i am as familiar with Excel as i am with Word, but I have used it once or twice in my schooling life for math documents and some science subjects.However, no matter how many times I use this program I am amazed when I type something in and the answer or formula or watever it may be, just pops up in another box. I mean anything that can save me time by a) actually figuring out what is supposed to be in that box, b) selecting the correct box to put it in, and c) actually typing it in there for me,...is my friend. Although i know it is a much faster and effecitve way of categorizing and grouping firgures and information, its when tabs are used such as "charts", "data labels" and "Stacked column with a 3D-visual effect", that i get confused. I have not fully understood why these things are neccesary but im sure when I really need them they will come in hand, as I have a rough idea of what they are and how to use them as a result of the tutorial tasks. Other than this, I doubt I would ever have realised that these things exist, much like the fact that I know there are things on my own computer, let alone mobile that I am not aware of. Just the other day my brother, who is four years younger than me, showed me how to transfer pictures from my phone to my PC, which was way beyond me. So I now realise that I have much more to learn than I initially thought.

No comments: